Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 69, March 10

I often pray during my morning walks.  Though I try to start my prayers with thanking the Lord for His blessings, I frequently move to asking Him for yet more blessings.  The other day, during a walk, I promised myself and Him that I would spend the entire time being grateful rather than beseeching Him for more blessings.

With that directive, I started seeing many things for which to be grateful--a sunny day, warm weather, a safe neighborhood in which to walk, energy, the chirping of birds, etc.   My gratitude segued from nature to family and the blessings of a good husband and sweet children and grandchildren.

Pretty soon, my walk was over and I had fulfilled my goal.   I don't do this on every walk, but I have wondered what would happen if I spent that much time every day consciously listing my blessings and giving thanks for them.

Joy for today:  giving thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude is easier for me as I see spring approaching. Sad, but true.

    ReplyDelete