Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 76, March 17

In a comment on a previous blog about truth, a friend wrote the following:

"Truth always brings joy. Mina's math teacher in a lesson on graphing yesterday had the class graph happiness as it related to increasing salary. Mina refused, drawing a circle with a line through it over the graph. Out of a class of 27, she was alone in this. She was right, of course. Money and happiness have nothing to do with each other. To both of our joy, the teacher agreed, and making that very point was the goal of his lesson. Finding truth is a precious thing, and it's only right to feel joy!"

I was both moved and impressed by this young girl's maturity and wisdom.  Would I have had the insight and courage to do such a thing when I was fifteen?  Probably not.  Would I currently have the insight and courage to do this at my advanced age of 62?  Again, probably not.

Joy for today:  appreciating the maturity and wisdom of a teenage girl.




1 comment:

  1. What a great story. I love that she was the only one to do this.

    ReplyDelete