Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day 65, March 6

A couple of weeks ago, my sister and I, both women "of a certain age," went to the movies.  A discreet sign at the theater announced that people would be "carded" if they were seeing an R-rated movie.  Well, we weren't seeing an R movie, but I still thought it would be nice if the woman at the entrance carded us.

"Aren't you going to ID us?" I asked her brightly.

"What?"

"ID us," I said.  "You know, ask to see if we're old enough to see the movie."

She gave me a confused look.

"Jane," my sister said in a stage whisper.  "We aren't seeing an  R movie."

"I know, but I want to be carded anyway."

Finally, the beleaguered ticket-taker waved us on.

"Some people just don't get my sense of humor," I said to my sister.

She rolled her eyes at me.  "Lots of people don't get your sense of humor."

I had to agree.  But that doesn't mean I won't ask to be carded again.

Joy today:  laughing at myself.

1 comment:

  1. Laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and you cry alone....or whatever that is...

    BTW, I LOVED seeing you at Carla's on Monday, and thank you for being the kind of person...you and Carla, that I can "murmur" about my Dearest Love and know that you won't think any less of him....I was frustrated....you two girls or a certain age are just such good-time girls and you are really terrific to be around.

    ReplyDelete