Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 313, November 9

Finding a penny on the street is always a cause for a smile for me. It reminds me that Heavenly Father is watching out for me. Does that seem a stretch? Maybe. But I still believe it.
Pennies are the humblest of coins. Yet, when put together, they can add up to a lot. And perhaps that is what the Father is trying to tell me. Take the pennies and add them up. Make a dollar, two dollars, and more, from them.
What else can I add up to make something more? What would happen if I add up blessings? What would I have? A fuller life. A more grateful heart.
What would happen if I added up all the cards I've received? Would I have a tangible reminder of friends and family who thought enough of me to send me a note?
What can you add up? Can you add up kind words given to you? Can you add up prayers offered on your behalf? Can you add up the kind words you've given? Can you add up prayers you've offered for someone else? You will probably find you have too many, on both sides, to count. And isn't that wonderful?
So, for today, I am grateful for pennies and the reminder they offer.

1 comment:

  1. Are you a penny-person too?!! As you said, there's that reminder that Father is watching over you as you spy it and pick it up. (It's what I think. And OH the smile!) You gave me more to think about as I gather a penny here and there from the street or wherever . . . it can be added to all the others I have and I am reminded of my "too many to count" blessings. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete