Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 328, November 24

Today is Thanksgiving. I am fortunate to be spending it with family and friends. Add faith to that, and you have the recipe for a perfect day.
It is fitting that I write about Thanksgiving in a blog devoted to gratitude. Thanksgiving is sometimes a neglected holiday. Between turkey and Black Friday, the spirit of the day is frequently lost.
Do you know the name of the Indian tribe who celebrated with the Pilgrims? Wampanoag. I am ashamed to admit that I didn't know that and had to look it up. Why didn't I know that? Why haven't I educated myself more about this important day? Is it because I am caught up in the food and shopping and excesses of the day? I'm afraid so.
Can I change? I hope so. Can I remember to carry the spirit of Thanksgiving in my heart, not just today but every day of the year? Again, I hope so.
So, for today, I am grateful for the opportunity to be grateful on Thanksgiving Day and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment