Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 322, November 18

We are probably all familiar with the term "first responder." These are the brave men and women who are the first to appear at accidents, fires, emergencies of all kinds. Recently I read an article about "first responder friends."
Some phrases just reach in and grab you. This was one of those for me. (If you haven't noticed already, friends and friendship are important to me. Must be why I write about them so frequently.)
I have many first responder friends. These are those sisters of my heart who I know will be there for me no matter what. They are the ones I cry with over the heartaches of life. They are the ones I turn to when life gets too hard to handle. And, I like to think, that I am a first responder to them as well.
A few days ago, one of these friends shared happy news with me: her daughter is expecting. It reminded me that we share the good times along with the bad. We rejoice with each other over good news. We grieve with each other over sad news. And always, always, we are there for each other.
Life continues to throw challenges at all of us. How wonderful to know that my first responders are there for me.
So, for today, I am grateful for first responder friends.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to have these types of friends and people in our life?

    ReplyDelete