Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 305, November 1

Has your life turned out exactly as you planned? If so, congratulations. You are the exception. You may have heard the old saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans."
I figure I must be providing God with a great deal of laughter. My plans didn't include so much of what has happened in the last years. They didn't include my son being left a single father. They didn't include health problems for me and other family members. They didn't include collecting more writing rejections than a politician spouts lies.
And then I started thinking. The last years have brought new friends and strengthened old friendships. The last years have added grandchildren to our family, and, soon, a beautiful new daughter-in-law. The last years have reminded me what matters ... and what doesn't.
So, for today, I am grateful for plans that turned out and (even) some of those that didn't.

4 comments:

  1. I suppose there will always be things that didn't turn out how WE planned but our Father knows all and there is a plan for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully worded . . . I'm sure grateful to be here reading. Grateful that your son has proposed marriage to my daughter! I'm learning to know him and anxious to see him again and meet you and your family. Again, I've so enjoyed reading your blog posts (backwards) through about September 12th, where I had to finally stop to get up and get breakfast this morning! I'll come here each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bear of Very Little Brain, I like you already. Can I be Bear of Very Little Brain 2? lol Your daughter couldn't be marrying into a more wonderful family. Their father taught his sons how to treat women like queens, and the Choate family is loving, kind and generous. AND, their mother knows all the 13 Articles of Faith! She is a wonderful example though she says otherwise. ;) Your daughter is fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post Jane. I am hoping that this will too happen for me and that one day the plans/dreams I had today that were shattered will explain to me later and I can find new plans/dreams. Thank you for your kind thoughts and words they help me get through my day. You are an ANGEL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete