Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 304, October 31

A few days ago, a heavy snow took down trees which, in turn, took down power lines. We, along with much of Loveland, were without power for a day. I discovered (if I didn't already know it) that I am not hardy pioneer stock, as were my ancestors.
I moaned. I whined. I complained. I couldn't use the computer. I couldn't use the washing machine. I couldn't watch television. I couldn't even turn on the lights. I ended up spending the day at my husband's office which did have power.
We returned home later that evening to find that our power had been restored. I nearly wept in gratitude.
It set me to thinking (have you noticed that the strangest things set me to thinking?) about a far more important Power in my life. This Source of light is always available and is not subject to the whims of Mother Nature or other vagaries.
Of course I am speaking of the Lord. His Power is always there, mine for the taking, if I but choose to do so. Did you pick up on the operative word there--choose? I must choose to partake of His power. He will not force it upon me.
So, for today, I am grateful for sources of power and Power.

2 comments:

  1. No outages, no roaming fees, unlimited minutes, free calls, and a built-in GPS that is also a LPS (life positioning system). No other deal like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were only without it for 1 day. And I'm glad that we all have the Power to accompany us throughout this journey known as earth life.

    ReplyDelete