Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 295, October 22

Stories of families being "upside down" in their mortgages abound in the news. It was just in the past few years that I learned what being upside down meant: people owe more on the mortgage than the house is worth. As I try to wrap my mind around that, I realize that I am downside up on my gratitude to the Father.
Yes, you read correctly. I am downside up in the gratitude department
Surely what the Father gives me is worth far more than the paltry bits of thanks that I offer Him. He gives me life. He gives me family. He gives me friends. He gives me faith. What more can I ask?
A lot, it seems.
My prayers are full of "give-me's." Despite my best efforts to focus on my blessings, every other phrase in my prayers seems to be, "Please do this. Please do that. Please bless ..." And the list goes on.
As in so many areas of my life, I am a work in progress. I keep trying. I keep working on myself. I keep praying for strength and endurance.
So, for today, I am grateful for reminders to be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting concept to be downside up. A work in progress best describes me as well. Definitely lots of work left and progress to be made but I know I am on the right track, albeit if far from the finish line.

    ReplyDelete