Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 290, October 17

In previous blogs, I've written about having a family room added on to our home. In addition to that, we also had some much needed renovation done to a few rooms. What a difference new paint and new fixtures make.
It got me to wondering what kind of renovations I could make to my soul. Could I fill in nail holes left by old hurts and grudges? Could I shore up my desire to follow the Savior's counsel? Could I find the courage to try new things when I have always clung to my comfort levels in the past?
Renovations to a house take time. They take effort. They take money. Renovations to a soul are much the same. They, too, take time. They, too, take effort. They take a different kind of currency than money, however. They require a willingness to put aside pride and selfishness. They require a broken heart and a contrite spirit.
So, for today, I am grateful for renovations, in the home and in the soul.

2 comments:

  1. They also take vision. I have trouble visualizing renovations, and so my enthusiasm for such projects is, well, less than enthusiastic. It is the same with my soul. I have trouble seeing what the difference will be at the beginning. It is only upon looking back that I can see how well worth the effort my journey was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful analogy Mom. We could all stand for a bit of renovations, some more than others probably.

    ReplyDelete