Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 288, October 15

A friend related an inspiring story to me which I'd like to share with you. In conjunction with her job, my friend's 22 year old daughter attended a city council meeting. When the meeting was underway, a man burst into the city council room and ordered that all the Mormons in the room stand up.
He accused the Mormons of using their position to help themselves to city monies. As he made this and other wild accusations, his aggressive manner turned threatening. Still, this young woman, along with several other individuals, stood.
I don't know what it cost her to make this decision. It couldn't have been easy, but she put her beliefs before her personal safety and faced down this man. Could I have done this? I don't know. And that shames me.
So, for today, I am grateful for the courage of a 22 year-old girl.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that this ended up without any violence. I feel that if someone is that crazy minded, that violence could have easily been resorted to.

    Anyway, what a neat story that she was able to stand up for being a Mormon, no matter what the consequences.

    ReplyDelete