Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 277, October 4

Do you ever find that the more you want something, the more elusive it seems to become? You try your best to achieve your dreams. You take classes. You practice and practice. And still it remains just out of your reach.
I've been there. And I'm still there. In my writing. In my relationships. In just about everything in my life. Success appears tantalizingly close. I close my eyes and imagine I can reach out and grab hold of the gold ring. And even when I accept that I may never grab hold of that prized ring, I keep trying.
I have always loved the song, "To Dream the Impossible Dream." The beautiful lyrics end with the words "To reach the unreachable stars."
What impossible dreams do you dream of? What unreachable stars do you reach for? I hope you have plenty of both. I hope you have dreams that give you something to strive for--always. I hope you have stars to reach for--always.
So, for today, I am grateful for dreams and stars.

1 comment:

  1. I used to hate that song. Way too pie-in-the-sky, I thought. Now I love it, and if I'm not careful I tear up. What's the difference? The difference is that now I believe that dreams can come true. That may sound corny, but think of the opposite, and the devastating emptiness it leads to.

    ReplyDelete