Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 293, October 20

Have you noticed that stores are displaying Christmas items already? This used to bother me. Now, I look at it as reminders of the upcoming holiday season, in particular the birth of our Savior.
Yes, I know, the stores probably aren't featuring wrapping paper, cards, decorations, and gifts in order to start us thinking more of Jesus, but I choose to see it that way. Of all the great and marvelous things that have occurred since the Creation, surely the birth of our Lord is the most momentous. Surely it has changed the world more than any other single event.
Like so many of God's plans, this particular one was brought about in humble circumstances. We know that Christ was born in a small stable, a shelter for animals. Not once in His life was He treated as the King that He was and is. Yet He remains the center of our lives, the anchor onto which we hold, during times both good and bad.
So, for today, I am grateful for reminders of the Savior.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Now I can choose to see it that way too, since you have shown me that I have that choice. I feel free of an emotional burden! Jane, you may have just saved my Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind seeing the Christmas decorations out because it reminds me of a most wonderful time of year. I'm probably not specifically thinking about our Savior but thank you for the thought. Now when I look at Christmas decor, I'm sure that thoughts of our Savior will come into mind.

    ReplyDelete