Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 285, October 12

The other day, while my husband and I were doing errands, we saw a woman fall on the sidewalk. My husband pulled the car to the curb, and I jumped out to help her. Before I could reach her, however, another lady helped the woman up and gather the things which had fallen from her purse.
The woman who had taken the fall appeared shaken but all right. She thanked both the other woman and me. It was a small thing, but I was grateful for the opportunity to witness someone helping a stranger.
The media bombards us with stories of cruelty, dishonesty, and depravity. How refreshing to see the opposite. I'm fortunate enough to hear of many small acts of kindness. A few days ago, I wrote of my friend who gave a stranger $3.00 to buy a coat. A month or so ago, I blogged about my 87 year old aunt, who, every day, tries to do something for someone else.
I'm certain that you could relate similar stories, ordinary people doing ordinary things that, somehow, elevate the ordinary to the extra-ordinary.
So, for today, I am grateful for the kindness of a stranger.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat story. I'm glad that you were able to help and that somebody else was generous enough to help out.

    ReplyDelete