Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 302, October 29

I realized a few days ago that it is less than two months until Christmas. Two months in which I have a wedding to plan, several trips (wedding related) to make, holiday shopping to do, a house to prepare for my son's and grandsons' visit, and a host of other things.
When I was mentally reviewing all that needed to be done in two short months, I started feeling overwhelmed. That is a common feeling with me these days. I am easily overwhelmed. Things that another person might accomplish without breaking a sweat leave me feeling anxious and ... well, overwhelmed.
I began breaking down the tasks and realized that no one thing was the "straw that broke the camel's back." It was the accumulation of things. And isn't that often the way it is? Instead of obsessing over what needs to be done, what should be done, what can't be done, I should take a deep breath and then enjoy my son's wedding and sealing to his sweetheart, enjoy the time with family and friends, enjoy the holiday season.
So, for today, I am grateful for deep breaths ... and a dose of common sense.

1 comment:

  1. These do all seem like good things. I hope you can enjoy all the wonderful things coming up.

    ReplyDelete