Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 13, January 17

A friend recently sent me a "thought for the day" about Wonder Woman. I thought perhaps she was complimenting me. No such case. This Wonder Woman was not a re-incarnation of the Wonder Woman of the 70s television series.

See if you can relate to this particular Wonder Woman (or Wonder Man). Do you wonder where you put your keys? Do you wonder where you left your purse? Do you wonder why you went into a room? Do you wonder why you are wondering?

I found myself relating to this Wonder Woman all too well. I wonder where my cat is (until I remember she wanted to go to the garage and I let her out). I wonder if I took my morning vitamin. I wonder if I should take another. I wonder if I brushed my teeth. And so on.

This is not a happy state of affairs, but I have learned to live with my wondering. Still, I wonder (there I go again) if I should be wondering about something more important.

Should I wonder if I were kind today?
Should I wonder if I said something nice to someone today?
Should I wonder if I knelt in prayer today?
Should I wonder if I made a call or sent a card to someone who is lonely today?

These seem far more important things to wonder about, and I'm going to try to improve my wondering.

This I know for sure: the Lord doesn't care if I took my morning vitamin. He cares if I cared about others.

1 comment:

  1. "Do you wonder where you put your keys? Do you wonder where you left your purse? Do you wonder why you went into a room? Do you wonder why you are wondering"? -- This made me giggle and yes, I do that. I honestly think that I am losing my mind, many moments during the day.

    ReplyDelete