Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 26, January 30

Ninety percent of life is showing up. Doubtless you've heard that before. I would change that to 99% of life is showing up.

We all know people who don't show up. Unfortunately, I've been one of them. I haven't shown up for my writing. I haven't shown up for friends. Sometimes I haven't even shown up for church.

Showing up is hard work. It means spending time. It means making an effort. It means caring enough to commit, to something, to someone.

When we don't show up, we disappoint others. We disappoint ourselves. More, we disappoint the Lord.

This I know for sure: showing up reaps rewards, both in this life and in the one to come.

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful thing about showing up is that it shows a commitment that has already been made. The first, highest, hurdle has already been overcome!

    ReplyDelete