Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 1, January 5

I know--I'm late in starting a blog this year. I guess that's because it's taken me five days in to the New Year to know what I want to write. To tell the truth, I wanted to ignore this prompting. Blogging every day is hard. No doubt about it.
The older I get (and any more that's pretty old), the less I realize I know. Is that a mark of maturity? Is it a sign of wisdom? I don't know. But there are a few things I do know for sure.
What do you know for sure? What do you know with absolute faith and total certainty?
That is the title of my blog this year: This I know for sure.
Let's start with the biggest of those certainties:
The Savior loves me. He is at my side even when I don't feel Him, even when I don't recognize His presence, even when I don't deserve Him. Especially when I don't deserve Him. He is there. Always.
Do you remember the poem that was popular a few years back of "Footsteps in the Sand?" When the two sets of footprints become one, the individual walking asks why the Lord deserted him. The Lord responds that He was carrying His child. (A paraphrase of the poem.)
This I know for sure: The Lord loves me, loves all of us.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my, I got goosebumps reading! You're back... so glad to hear your voice again Jane. I for sure love reading these posts. Please DO keep it up. Hope your after-holidays days are relaxing mostly and you've been happy with Robert and the kids around. Lots of hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This I know for sure: I'm glad you're back! For the last few days, I've been checking back here forlornly hoping that you would write again. Oh! Joy and rejoicing! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your B-a-a-a-c-k, Thank Goodness. I love you and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, am thankful that you're back. Your blog was a daily highlight during 2011, so much so that I felt a sense of loss when the year ended. One thing I know for sure is that 2012 will be a brigher year, now that you're posting again.

    ReplyDelete