Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 140, May 18

Are you ever frustrated with what seems like the unfairness of life?  The wicked prosper; the righteous suffer.  There is scripture (somewhere)  to that effect.  At times, I grow very discouraged about it as I watch friends and family members undergo difficult things:   illness, the death of a belovedspouse, financial hardship.  Each of these people has led a good life, so why do they suffer unimaginable pain and worry?

The Father answered that in part when He told us that this life is a test.  (One I often feel that I'm failing.)  He also told us that there must be opposition in all things, otherwise how will we know the good if we have not tasted the bitter.

All this sounds good, and yet ...

That nasty little part of me wants to see the bad guys suffer sometimes.  Doesn't that seem right?   I know, this is not the proper spirit, but there you have it.  I am frequently not proper.

My husband, a scriptorian, assures me that the bad guys will suffer and that the righteous will overcome all the challenges they face.  But it may not, in fact, it probably will not be in my timing.  It will be in the Lord's time.

So, for today, I am grateful (or trying to be) for the Lord's timing.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, the ever so important aspect of timing. It's hard to be patient some times, isn't it?

    Both in wondering when the righteous will be able to have their burdens lifted and for when the bad guys will finally get what's coming to them.

    ReplyDelete