Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 148, May 26

Yesterday I wrote about prayer, what it's purpose is, what it's purpose isn't.   Today I'd like to continue on that same theme of prayer.

How do we know when we have received an answer to prayer?  Will it come with a feeling of excitement, hoopla, or agitation?  Probably not.  The Lord's answers most commonly come in the form of a "still, small voice."

A Primary song tells us that in "Listen, listen to the still, small voice."

The key word here is "listen."  Frequently I find myself so involved in telling the Lord what my needs are that I forget to listen to that still, small voice.

So, for today, I am grateful when I remember to listen.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm afraid that too often, I'm not listening because I am too distracted by the things of this world.

    Thanks for the reminder to listen.

    ReplyDelete