Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 151, May 29

"When you think you have no chance of getting what you want, you probably won't get it, but if you trust God to do what's best, and wait on His time, sooner or later, you will get it or something better."

A friend sent me a list of inspiring quotes, including the above.  It immediately caught my attention, a reminder that my time is not God's time, my plan, not His plan.  His timing is always impeccable, His plan always perfect.

My job, the job of all of us, is to have faith in Him, to believe Him, to believe in Him.  That's tough.  When things around us are falling apart, it's just hard to believe.  It's hard to have faith.  It's hard to endure when we don't understand the timing or the plan.  I am the poster child of faltering in faith, but after an hour (or day or week or month) of whining, complaining, or weeping with despair, I pick myself up and remember that I'm not in charge.

He is.

So, for today, I'm grateful that God is in charge.   

1 comment:

  1. A lovely quote. Our lesson on Sunday talked a lot about this topic.

    ReplyDelete