Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 141, May 19

Finding the positive in everything is not something at which I excel.  Too often I tend to dwell on the negative, on what could go wrong, what has gone wrong, all those wrongs that plague a worrywart like me.

I didn't find much positive in all the snows of April and May.  I didn't find much positive when I spilled shampoo all over the sink.  And so on.  No doubt about it--I'm a gloomy gus.

Then I made a conscious effort to find at least one positive in those two insignificant but bothersome things.  The unexpected snows meant that we didn't have to turn our sprinklers on as early in the season as we usually do and therefore saved a bit of money.  The spilled shampoo made me think "Hey, this would be a good time to scrub the sink."

Small steps, to be sure.  But at least I was able to look, if not on the bright side of things, on the brighter side.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I'm not a GG.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sometimes baby steps are the best we can manage =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to find the silver linings.

    ReplyDelete