Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 153, June 2

Have I confessed before that I'm a nerd?  In fact, I was a nerd before the word nerd existed.  Looking back to my school years, I understand that, though I didn't at the time.

Though it's been a long time since I was in school, I'm still a nerd.  I still love reading and doing vocabulary quizzes and competing against the Jeopardy contestants.  (Alas, I don't do very well in that arena.)

One of the stories in our family lore centers around my buying a vocabulary quiz book to take on a trip to Utah.  Our then 12 year old granddaughter was with us. When I pulled out the book, she rolled her eyes and gave me that exasperated look that only a budding teenager can give to an out-of-date grandma.

Later, she told her father, "You won't believe what Grandma thinks is fun."

Joy for today:  being a nerd.


1 comment:

  1. This will be one of those stories that lives on and on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete