Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 177, June 26


I recently ran across the term Kintsugi, the Japanese art of repairing broken or damaged pottery with golden joinery. The word itself means "golden joinery."

Amy Curtis, in a presentation at BYU's 2014 Women's Conference, says of Kintsugi, "It is an art form ... pointing to valuing the history of something that has been broken and has been made whole again with a new identity.  The new reformed whole contains both the remembrance of what has been before and what is now.

"The Savior is the master mender and the joiner of souls.  His infinite Atonement has the power ot help us become strong in broken places."

Have you ever felt that you were broken or chipped or cracked?  I have.  At times, I have felt that I was all three--broken, chipped, and cracked, and I wondered if I would ever be whole again.

Fortunately for me, and for all those who feel that they are broken inside, we can partake of the Savior's Kintsugi or Atonement.  Through Him, we can be whole again.

Joy for today:  being made whole by the power of the Atonement.




No comments:

Post a Comment