Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 39, February 12

"What we do when no one is watching defines what kind of people we are."

I heard this on an advertisement. I can't tell you now what the advertisement was for, but the words stuck in my mind.

It started me thinking about what I do when no one is watching. You know what I found out? I'm lazy. I like to sit around in an oversized T-shirt, read or watch television or eat something fattening. Sometimes I do all three at once. (Who says I can't multi-task?)

What does this say about me? Not much, I'm afraid.

And then I realized that Someone is watching. The Savior is watching all the time. What would I do if I remembered that? Would I be reading the scriptures more? Would I be serving others more? Would I be on my knees thanking Him for all the blessings He's bestowed on me more?

I hope the answers would be yes, yes, and yes.

Unfortunately, I don't remember it very often. And so the questions are moot.

This I know for sure: if I want to succeed in the things that I claim are important to me, I better start behaving as though I know the Savior is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment