Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 55, February 28

Recently I watched a television (fictional) show which posed the theme "Can God talk with people today?"

I answered, "Of course, He can."

One of the show's character's scoffed at the idea, saying that God talked with people of biblical times but doesn't talk to us today. I was grateful that this was a fictional show, hoping that the actress portraying this character didn't really believe what she was saying.

How can I, how can anyone, get through a day, much less their entire lives, without believing that we can talk with God through prayer, and, what's more, that He can talk with us, that He loves us enough to answer us?

I can't. I don't believe anyone can.

This I know for sure: God talks with us; our job is to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment