Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 43 , February 16

"The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone."--George Elliot

I am guilty of allowing the golden moments of life to rush past me. I am usually too focused on what I could have done differently, how I might have done something better, why didn't I give more than I did. That is a sad way to live. What have I missed in my misplaced focus? What joys have I denied myself?

Too many.

And what of the angels I failed to recognize? Some angels cannot be disguised. They come in times of need, sorrow, grief. Many angels have ministered to me over the years, the friend who held me when I cried, another friend who planted flowers to commemorate my mother's passing. I work to cognize them, to thank them. However, others have appeared, and I failed to know them for who they were.

This I know for sure: golden moments and angels are all around us; it is up to us to look upon them with fresh eyes and a glad heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment