Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 304, November 4

In the Mormon Church, first Sundays are normally reserved for what we call "Fast and Testimony Services."  There, members walk to the front of the chapel and bear their testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel.

I have no fancy words, no fancy way of speaking, (my husband holds the franchise on eloquence in our marriage) and so I forego bearing my testimony in front of others.  That does not mean, however, that I do not have a testimony.  My testimony of the Savior is what sustains me during times of depression.  It is what sustains me when all else around me is falling apart.  It is what sustains me during the bleak times following a loved one's death.  It is what sustains me during my sister's illness.

My testimony is also what sustains me when I witness evil invade our world.  It is the power of that testimony that allows me to see the Light, even when Darkness is rampant.

This I know for sure:  without a testimony of the Savior, nothing else matters.  With a testimony of the Savior, nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment