Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 327, November 27

Two days ago in Sacrament Meeting (the Mormon Sunday meeting), a speaker gave a talk on the Savior.  He reminded the listeners that while we may not always keep our promises to Him, the Savior always, always keeps His promises to us.

It made me think of promises I've broken to the Savior:

I promised Him I'd forgive someone who hurt my family ... and I haven't.
I promised Him I'd have a softer heart toward those who think differently than I do ... and I haven't.
I promised Him that I would look for the good in others ... and I haven't.

And then I examined the Savior's promises to me:

He promised to love me always ... and He has.
He promised to forgive me of my (many) sins ... and He has.
He promised to be there for me when I feel forsaken ... and He has.

The list could go on and on.

This I know for sure:  the Savior never breaks His promises to me.  I wish I could say the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment