Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 315, November 15

Charles Swindoll -- We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

Most, if not all, of us face our share of impossible situations.  We give these situations different names:  problems, challenges, setbacks, disappointments, etc.  We rail against them, pray for relief from them, and, sometimes, seek solace from them in addictions.   Regardless of how we deal with these "impossible situations," we each push through them in some fashion.

When I face a problem or challenge, I tend to hunker down and push through it.  Rarely, though, do I see it as a great opportunity.  I see it as something to endure, to be gotten through, to be survived.  How much better off would I be if I had seized it as a chance to do something great, if I saw it as an opportunity to grow, to stretch?

This I know for sure:  none of us escape this life unscathed from pain and suffering.  How we handle these determines who we are, who we can become.

No comments:

Post a Comment