Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 322, November 22--Thanksgiving Day

Through a recent series of difficult events, I've had a hard time feeling my usual spirit of Thanksgiving on this special day.  Because of that, I've had to reach down to find those feelings of gratitude, which are not a request of the Father but, rather, a commandment.

In a book on abundance, I found this quote:

"He prayeth best, who lovest best
All things both great and small;
For the dear God who loveth us
He made and loveth all."--Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Coleridge's beautiful words are a poignant reminder that the love which we both give and receive has as its source the Lord.  Without Him, we would not know love.  Nor would we know peace, joy, happiness, compassion, or charity, for He is truly the author of all things good.

This I know for sure:  finding gratitude does not belong to this day alone.  It should be a life long quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment