Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 215, August 1

On a church marquee I saw this theme listed for the week:  "Careful words."

I immediately fell in love with that.  Would not our families, our communities, our churches, indeed, our entire nation and the world be better and kinder places if we were all careful with our words?

Frequently I am careless with my words, which translates into being careless with the feelings of others.  When I realize what I am doing, I try to do better, but, still, some of those careless words escape. 

So, for today, I am grateful for those who are careful with their words.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine what the world would be like and how people would feel if we were all more careful with our words.

    Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? Some church leader said something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete