Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 226, August 12

Dieter F. Uchtdort, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, gave a beautiful talk entitled "Forget Me Not."  He started by saying, "A while ago, I was walking through a beautiful garden with my wife and daughter.  I marveled at the glory and beauty of God's reations.  And then I noticed, among all the glorious blooms, the tiniest flower.  I knew the name of this flower because since I was a child I have had a tender connectionto it.  The flower is called forget-me-not.

"I'm not exactly sure why this tiny flwer has meant so much to me over the years.  It does not attract immedation attention; it is easy to overlooki among larger and more vibrant flowers; yet it is just as beauitful, with its rich color that mirrors that of the bluest skies--perhaps this is one reaons why I like it so much. 

"Tonight I would like to use this little flower as a metaphor.  The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget."

In the next posts, I will explain these five things and hope you will find them as significant as I do.

So, for today, I am grateful for forget-me-nots.

No comments:

Post a Comment