Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 223, August 9

Chances are at one time or another, you've prayed and prayed for something, whether it be to bless a wayward child or for the healing of a family member or friend, only to have those prayers seemingly go unanswered.    I know you have.  And I wonder what I'm doing wrong.  Or if the Lord is even listening to me.  After all, why should he listen to a sinner such as myself?

Then, my wiser self takes over and I realize that of course the Lord is listening, that He listens even to the most lowly of us (me).  But still, I cannot help wondering (sometimes) why that prayer, a righteous desire, goes without the answer I sought.  Maybe the problem lies in that I am trying to tell the Lord what to do. 

Never a good idea.

I then try to make my prayer one of supplication, ending with "not my will but thine be done."  That's hard.  Really, really hard.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I can remember that the Lord to be in charge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment