Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 229, August 15

Back to the forget-me-not metaphor.

"Second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice."

It's easy to get caught up in worldly things, to sacrifice the good for things that have no eternal significance.  I have done this, telling myself that finding success in my writing, or having a nicer home, or buying the latest fashion is more important than things of lasting value--faith, family, and friends.  All I can say is that I'm trying to do better.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I can distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish one.
,

1 comment:

  1. This one is very hard for me. I'd like everything to be nicely quantifiable so that I could spend X hours on each thing each day, but life and people don't work that way. Sometimes, a child needs more of my time and attention; sometimes I do. Sometimes I need to find the bottom of the sink. Not very often. I've found that one great truth in life is that the bottom of the sink has no feelings and does not feel neglected.

    ReplyDelete