Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 241, August 27

"Get rid of anything that isn't useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways."

This quote was among ones a dear friend sent me.  I felt a guilty pang as I read it as I tend to collect clutter.  Papers.  Books.  Doo-dads.  Clothes.  I go through a purging session every so often, get rid of the excess, but, darn it, it starts to collect again.

And it isn't just things that clutter my life.  It's unwieldly emotions such as guilt, resentment, fear, worry.  Just as the physical things do, they weigh me down.  They keep me from functioning at my best.

So why is it so hard to get rid of them?   I don't know.  Perhaps because I'm not willing to do the hard work in getting rid of them.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I can purge my life of clutter of all kinds.


No comments:

Post a Comment