Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 227, August 13

Continuing with President Uchtdorf's talk: 

The first petal of the forget-me-not reminds us to "forget not to be patient with yourself."

We are continually reminded to be patient with others.  Just when I feel like I might be getting a handle on that, I am told to "be patient with myself."

The truth is, I am not patient with myself.  I get angry that I keep making the same mistakes, that I can't seem to do the simplest thing right, and so on.  President Uchtdort reminds me that God is fully aware of my weaknesses and loves me anyway.  Who am I to do less than Him?

So, for today, I am grateful for times when I am patient with myself.

1 comment:

  1. It is comforting to know that God knows what our struggles are and that he knows where we are weak but still loves us.

    ReplyDelete