Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 183, July 2

As I've mentioned earlier, I belong to that select group of women of a certain age. We are a great group, but one of the drawbacks is the onset of wrinkles. Wrinkles have found their way onto my once smooth face. (A side note: don't waste your money on expensive wrinkle creams and age-defying creams. They don't work.)
Colorado is a state resplendent with triumphant mountains shouldering the sky and verdant valleys. These valleys could be seen as wrinkles upon the landscape. Yet to navigate from one peak to the next, one must descend into the valleys.
Last December, I descended into one of life's valleys or wrinkles. I wondered how I was going to climb my way out. I went to the Lord in prayer. He instructed me, "Be grateful."
"Be grateful," I scoffed. "What do I have to be grateful about?" (Not one of my finer moments.)
"Be grateful and then write about it." Thus was The Gratitude Project born.
At times I feel like a hypocrit writing about blessings when I am so far away from being truly grateful. Who am I to write about gratitude when I remain prideful, even arrogant? Who am I to believe that I can touch the lives of others with my words? But, with the Lord's guidance and your encouragement, I persist.
So, for today, I am grateful for the Lord's and your patience with me.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how He teaches us, isn't it? I love your blog, and I am very grateful for it and you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete