Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 193, July 12

Several weeks ago, a friend went through a horrific health scare. One doctor was certain she had a rare form of breast cancer. My heart went out to her. And my prayers. Yesterday, she wrote that it was not cancer but an infection that could be treated. She thanked all those who had prayed for her and called us her "prayer warriors."
I love that term: prayer warriors. In our current world of war, natural disasters, and disease, would it not be great if we were all prayer warriors?
I have many faults. (Ask my husband.) But among them is not the failure to pray. I pray for individuals by name. I beg the Father for His merciful blessings upon them. I pray for our country. I pray for our world. I pray when I'm driving, when I'm walking, when I'm doing housework. Heavenly Father has given us prayer so that we can talk with Him anytime, anywhere. What a priceless gift.
We live in a high-tech world. Texting, Facebook, Linkedn, and a host of other social media keep us connected. With all this technology, though, I hope we do not forget the power and grace of a prayer. In Primary, I listen to the simply uttered prayers of the children and feel their total faith that Someone is listening. They, too, are prayer warriors.
So, for today, I am grateful for prayer warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment