Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 102, April 11

One day I'd received some upsetting news.  I hadn't wanted to share it, but a friend's shoulder was handy and I found myself literally crying on her.  I don't know about you, but I don't cry prettily.  I cry in heaving sobs with shoulders shaking, hands trembling, nose running, and eyes blotchy.  In short, I'm a mess.

I apologized to my friend, and she said, "Don't be silly.  Don't you think I cry?"

I knew she did.  How could she not?  My dear friend had lost her husband last summer.  I still can't imagine her grief and loss, but she was there for me, as she has been for almost 37 years.

So, for today, I am grateful for Jeannie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have such dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me, too. I am so grateful for my friend. I know she's my friend because she doesn't treat me any differently now.

    ReplyDelete