Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 120, April 28

Last fall, I pruned our rose bushes, cutting them way back.  No gardener, I feared I had cut them too far, perhaps even killing them.  Over fall and winter, I fretted that I had indeed killed the bushes I loved so much.

This spring, shoots of green appeared on the bushes, reassuring me that they would bloom again.  My relief was immense, as was my appreciation for the pruning process.  Last week in Sacrament Meeting, a woman gave a talk on the Lord's pruning of His people.  We are pruned when we face hardships, when we overcome challenges, when we discover that we are weak where we long to be strong.  The pruning, painful as it is, makes us stronger, more reslient.

So, for today, I am grateful for the pruning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment