Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 98, April 7

For Easter, a dear friend sent me an e-card.  A picture of a rather barren looking forest appeared.  The instructions were to click on the vine growing up a tree.  When I did so, the vine spread, leaves on the tree grew, and a meadow of flowers of all descriptions came into view.  The barren forest was no more.  In its place was a beautiful garden, much like I think the Garden of Eden must have looked to Adam and Eve. 

The picture continued to expand until finally it made up a stained glass window of a chapel.  Next to it were the words "He is risen."
Three simple words, four small syllables, yet they say everything.  Christ the Lord is risen.  He broke the chains of death and appeared as the resurrected Christ to His disciples and others.

When I feel that I'm in a barren place, a place where no flowers, no trees can grow, I try to remember these words. 

So, for today, I am grateful that He is risen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so seasonal. In spring I feel like getting up and getting going. I want to try new things. I want to linger outside and let each birdsong I hear say hello to my heart.

    Winter isn't like that at all. I want to go inside, read a book, and fall asleep doing it. Preferably with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and neat card. And yes, how grateful we all should be that He is risen.

    ReplyDelete