Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 104, April 13

Several days ago, while I was watching General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I heard the phrase (which I'd heard before), "Where ere thou art, act well thy part."

Isn't this a wonderful directive?  That whatever we are doing we do to the best of our ability?  I wish I could say that I always do this.  Unfortunately, the opposite is true.  I don't always act "well my part."  Too often, I'm selfish.  I'm whiny.  I'm lazy.  None of those falls under "acting well my part."

I can think of many people, including my friends, who act well their parts.  They do what is necessary, when it is necessary.  They don't complain.  They don't whine.  They just do it.  But even the best of persons don't always act well their parts.  In fact, I can think of only one individual who was and is always acting well His part.  He, of course, is the Savior.

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I act well my part.  I am always grateful for the Savior who never fails to act well His part.

1 comment: