Thursday, April 18, 2013

Day 110, April 18

"Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in Heaven which is perfect."

This past Sunday, I attended Relief Society (our church's women's organization) where the lesson, given by my niece Alisa, centered around this scripture.  I've always felt intimidated by this scripture.  Perfect?  Me?  Absolutely not.

The older I get, the longer my list of imperfections seems to grow.  Perhaps it is because I am getting a bit wiser and am more aware of those imperfections.  Whatever the reason, I feel them keenly.  And if I grow lax in acknowledging them, my family leads the charge in reminding me of them.

Perfection is not possible in this life with its mortal frailities, but the quest for perfection is possible.  That is perhaps the greatest of life's ironies, the directive to seek perfection even as we know that achieving it is impossible.

So, for today, I am grateful that the quest for perfection is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Impossible for right now, yes. Trust on. Hope on. Nothing is impossible with God.

    ReplyDelete