Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 111, April 19

I've spent the last two weeks in Utah, visiting with my sister, her family, and my son Steve and his wife Melinda.  One night, the whole clan was gathered at my sister's house.  There was noise and confusion, laughter and teasing.  Most of all there was love.  Love for each other.  Love for the Savior.

For who can love family without including the Savior?

One of my sister's little granddaughters said a blessing on the food before we dug in.  (That is what Mormons do, with great gusto and enthusiasm:  eat.)  The sweet words of this child touched me.  Her innocent but certain faith in the Father and the Savior reminded me that faith is not born of great knowledge or learning.  It comes from the heart.

So, for today, I am grateful for family and the sure faith of a child.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been fun having you hear to visit and help Carla. And I think Maddie will forever hold a special place for you in her heart for giving her that cute little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to write here, not hear. I do know the difference.

    ReplyDelete