Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 121, April 29

"Creativity takes courage."--Matisse

I love this quote.  I love the boldness of it, the absolute certainty of it.  I am not a particularly brave person, but when I write something new, whether a blog, a story, or a book, I am being courageous.  When an artist friend sculpts something new, he is being courageous.  When a young mother works with a child to help him learn to read, she is being courageous.

For without courage, that creativity in each of these endeavors probably would not exist. 

So, for today, I am grateful for those individuals who are creative and courageous.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Creativity takes the courage to be horribly, completely, and publicly wrong. . . then learn from it and keep going. This is very hard for me.

    ReplyDelete