Saturday, August 9, 2014

Day 211, August 9

Do you ever think about re-inventing yourself?  I do.  I think of re-inventing myself as a writer, as a woman, as a person, as a child of God.  Each of these roles requires different things of me.

A life-changing event caused me to re-evaluate myself and what I want from life.  Of course, my overriding goal has not changed, that of returning to live with the Lord someday.  And the main route in achieving that goal has not changed.  But there are a myriad of changes I can make along the way.

What are they?

I can pay more attention to what is going on around me.  Did a friend appear down the last time I saw her?
I can appreciate my friends and family more.  Did I think to say thank-you to my husband who does so much for me?
I can get down on my knees and thank the Lord more.  Is it possible to thank the Lord too much?  Of course not.

Joy for today:  re-evaluating myself.


1 comment:

  1. I think these are great ideas Mom and that we can all stand to re-evaluate ourselves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete