Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 214, August 12

A couple of days ago at church, a dear friend came up to me and said, "You're my hero."  I couldn't have been more surprised than if she'd said, "You're wearing your dress inside out."  (In fact, I would have been less surprised because I have, in the muddle that is my mind lately, been known to wear something inside out.  Fortunately, my husband stopped me before I went out in public that way.)

I asked her why.  Among other things, she said, "Because you're still blogging."  I felt like a fraud, because I serioiusly considered giving up this blog.  I'd started it three and a half years ago, when Carla received the third diagnosis of cancer.  It was my way of reminding myself that there were still things in the world to be thankful for.  Now Carla is gone (from this earth), and I felt that my purpose in blogging was gone as well.

But something, whether sheer stubbornness or the feeling that I still had things to say, prevented me in giving up the blog.  Maybe some day I will, but not today.  I share this story to continue to remind myself that there are still reasons for which to be grateful.

Joy for today:  being a hero, at least in someone's eyes.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet of your friend and I'm sure that was just what you needed to hear. I'm glad you've kept up this blog.

    ReplyDelete