Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 213, August 11

I have a confession to make:  a while ago, I watched a snippet (for that's all I could stand) of the "Kardashians."  I wanted to find out, once and for all, why I should want to keep up with them.

You know what?  I couldn't find a single reason.  So I talked with my husband and posed the question:  Why do I want to keep up with the Kardashians?.  What do they have that makes them so (supposedly) interesting?  Wise man that he is, he replied, "They have big boobs and wear too much eye makeup."

Finally, an answer.  It is probably as good as any other reason why we should follow the antics of such a self-involved group of people.

Now that that buring question has been solved, I moved on to something more important.  Who should I want to "keep up with?"  Of course, the answer is "The Savior."  Why should I want to keep up with Him?

If I keep up with the Savior, I can return to live with Him someday.
If I keep up with the Savior, I can find happiness, true happiness, here on earth.
If I keep up with the Savior, I can bless others, no matter how miniscule my talents are.

And the list continues.

Joy for today:  finding out that I don't need (or want) to keep up with the Kardashians.  Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Thank goodness you don't want to keep up them, then I would have to keep up with you! I am pretty sure you already knew you didn't want to keep up with them and you just needed confirmation on that! Don't underestimate your many talents! You are a very, very talented woman.

    ReplyDelete