Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 221, August 19

"Be the living expression of God's kindness.  Kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."  Mother Theresa

Not surprisingly, I found this quote in a book that two kind friends gave me for my birthday, A HEART LIKE HIS.  My friends epitomize kindness in their concern for me, for others, for people they don't know.  One friend volunteers at The House of Neighborly Service where food, clothes, and other goods are offered free to anyone in need.  The other friend makes a point of visiting a lady in our ward who can't get out.  These are but a few of the giving things these special women do.

I have many other friends who also live kindness.  They inspire me to do better, inspire me to pull out of myself when I want to wrap myself in my grief.

Joy for today:  having friends who live kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment